Tuesday, July 8, 2008

In the Kitchen with Tamara



Feeling creative I decided to make a new recipe today using herbs from my garden. I tried to keep fat and calories at a minimum. It came out good. I would rate it a B-. It's missing a little kick. The sesame oil flavor did not blend as well with the curry as I had hoped so I ended up adding a little rice vinegar. I think next time I should try a fish oil instead. Any suggestions for improvements would be much appreciated. I am proud to announce the basil was excellent. Here's the recipe; it serves one:

Tamara's Shrimp and Vegetable Curry with Basil

Ingredients
4oz lite coconut milk
1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
3/4 cup frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
1 tbsp water
1/4 tsp sesame seed oil
1/4 small white onion, chopped
1/4 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
3 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Simmer lite coconut milk and curry in saute pan for 5 min.
Stir in vegetables, water, oil, vinegar, sugar. Simmer for 10 min.
Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Simmer until shrimp are cooked.
Remove from heat and add basil. Let sit for 1-2 min. Serve.

Calories: 236
Fat: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Protein: 20 grams
Fiber: 3 grams

Yum Yum:



No comments: