Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Working Girl Panties


Last night was nurses knit night at my friend Marlys’ house. I got to see her and a few of the nurses I used to work (and play) with back in my school nursing days. It was wonderful to catch up with them and see what kind of projects they have on the needles. I love how we can all just pick right back up where we left off. 

It gave me the perfect opportunity to get a little done on my “short list”. Coral’s scarf is coming along swimmingly and I am less than a foot away from being done! I’m excited about it because it is my own pattern, designed special for an old friend. But that will get its own post.

LeighAnne’s baby blanket is well under way. I have approximately ¼ of it left to knit, including the border.  I special ordered some fabric from CityCraft to line the wrong side of the knitting but it still hasn’t come in! And I’ve already spent a good hour scouring their stash looking for an alternative as well as JoAnn’s. I can be patient and wait through the weekend but I’m hoping to have this all sewn together by the end of next Tuesday. 

Today I am working from home and gearing up to head to a site tomorrow. I’ve been scheduled to work from home for the last couple months so putting my working girl panties on tomorrow has proven to be quite the daunting task. I am proud to say that I have managed to shower and dress myself daily (with a few minor exceptions) while I have been home. But my mid afternoonhomemade latte and mini house cleaning breaks appear to be over for at least a week. Sorry Jeremy, looks like you’ll be wearing dirty underwear and yelling for a towel from the shower again.

No comments: